2021 is our 126th year! The Pacific Beach Woman’s Club (PBWC) was established in 1895 to enrich the lives of the women living in the Pacific Beach area of San Diego. Several women met at the home of Mrs. Rose Hartwick to establish the club rules and regulations.
During the early years, the club participated in many philanthropic causes, including rolling bandages, entertaining the troops, and establishing the first public library in Pacific Beach.
Today, the members support various causes and are active in many civic and community events and activities.
This year we sold our 101-year-old building, Hornblend Hall. Located at 1721 Hornblend Street in Pacific Beach, the hall was built on land donated by several members in the early 1900s. Drive by and take a look at this special PB landmark!
We are still an active club and will be meeting for the foreseeable future at VFW Post 5985 at 853 Turquoise Street in Pacific Beach.